Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Winter Skin Care

Harsh cold is never good for your skin! Here are the products that I use during the winter to calm dry, flaky skin!

1. I always start out using makeup remover wipes just to remove eye and face makeup effortlessly. I personally like generic  store brand wipes like these up and up ones from Target. They are super cheap, get the job done, and don't irritate my skin.



2. Next, I wash my face using this Noxema Cleansing Cream. IT DOES HAVE AN UNPLEASANT SMELL, but it isn't drying! I have normal skin, so i don't need anything that treats oily skin as many cleansers do.

3. During the winter, I use this toner by Clinque for dry combination skin. Like I said before, my skin isn't necessarily oily or dry, but this is great for the cold winter months!

4. MOISTURIZER. This is critical when it's cold! I'm honestly obsessed with this one from Lush. I know that it's expensive, but I've never found a better one! It makes your skin feel so smooth and nearly removes flaky areas right away! It doesn't make me break out either... I think it actually has cleared up my skin! Let me know if you've found a comparable product in the comments!
5. Along with moisturizer, body lotion should be a product that you reach for everyday. While I love my seasonal scented body lotions, I try to use something more natural this time of the year like this one from Lush. It is said to be vanilla scented, but I would describe it to be a chocolaty.


6. The most important thing for general skin care for me is chapstick! I use it so much, it's a problem! The Peppermint Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm is my favorite! It leaves your lips tingly from the mint while hydrating them! You can feel it working!



What skin care products have you been loving this season?







4 comments:

  1. I love my Clinique toner as well. I am so surprised that even after I have used facial wipes and washed my face how much product there still is on my face, and it gets it all off!

    xoxo
    Alex
    preppyalex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! You can really see all of the product that was still left on your face! It's great! Thanks for reading!

      xx Annamarie

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with Moisturizer being critical when cold! I use a thick moisturizing cream, Cedaphil brand, and it is heaven for my skin in these cold & dry winter months!

    ReplyDelete